Thursday, September 29, 2011

Turning 20 September 29.2011

This morning I woke up to my mother calling me (its her tradition to call us ON our birthday AT the time we were born) LUCKY for me I was born at 5:21 lol well not that lucky but its NOT too bad, I answered mumbled something to acknowledge her/ not to disturb the roomies and fell back asleep lol :)
I woke up no longer a teenager-I will admit that this is the first birthday that I actually FELT the change.
I FELT the responsibility HIT me-it was really odd lol
I walked a little straighter, realized my actions were now going to be on me-no more blaming the parentals (:/)
BUT its a great feeling-I'm starting to feel like this so called ADULT lol :)

I celebrated my birthday "responsibly" by going to classes and work *ya I worked my long shift on my birthday lol*
Then I got to go out to celebrate with some of my FAVORITE people!
my mom, the Lee's, Jules, & LuAnn :)
I have to start out by saying BEST BIRTHDAY DINNER EVER!
Posted by Picasa
So we headed to the Old Spaghetti Factory
(14th year in a row-definitely a tradition I intend on keeping up!)

Ordered the classic-Spaghetti with meat sauce :)
got our bread....
and then it began-two hours of amazing conversation (I would say that bystanders may have thought we were drunk but the best part is that we DON'T need alcohol to have fun!)
We chatted about life, I got informed about dating which was hilarious..I mean I'll keep it noted for my future ;)
Then we opened gifts-I scored big time this year (thank you SO much!)
From the Lee's I got-20 snickers (they are mini so don't worry lol), a loofa-I was in need of one of those, some mulah $$$ (I REALLY like that lol), popcorn, and STAMPS (I LOVE those-well Nate will appreciate that ;p)
From the Babcock's (my mom brought up their gift) some money & an awesome chocolate covered marshmallow with m&m's on it, DELICIOUS!
From Jules & LuAnn, this AMAZING fruit mix to snack on during school instead of junk food-guess those snickers will have to be eaten by the roommates ;p lol
My friend Luisa from Germany sent me a package that made it on my birthday (thanks Lu!)-it was a heart ornament, a calender (in german!), a karamell treat (caramel) and other goodies :)
From my friend in Parkland Cassie-I got SO much stuff-she loaded a bag with school supplies/essentials & I loved it!
From my mom-my mom stuck with the 20 things theme as well and my bag was filled with 20 of my favorite things :) I loved it!
My dad and Cricket had sent me an external hard drive-i know what you are thinking...odd request for a gift! BUT i really needed it to back up all my photos I take and such so I appreciated it A LOT :)
From my sister, bro in law, nephew and niece I got an amazing quilt-that thing is now on my bed and I use it every night :)
From my bro and sis in law-I got money...I took all my money I got and put it towards a new camera :) I'm so excited for it!!!
From Ember I received a BIG batch (20 cookies) of her famous chocolate chip cookies :D I was one happy camper and they are all GONE :) lol
The Schott's gave me my gift about a month early-I was looking for a car charger for our drive to Utah for the wedding so they bought it for me-its pretty sweet :)
And of course my boy sent me my box that I've blogged about already :)
I got tons of cards and love from everyone on my birthday it was FANTASTIC :)
Thank you ALL SOOOOOOO much for helping make my day amazing, I love my birthday lol and you all definitely make me LOVE it :)



No comments: