Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sam's Farewell September.18.2011


Well I must say there is never a dull moment in the Shumate household...what an exciting farewell lol! All of Sam's family got the chance to get together this weekend for their last family event before he heads off to Brazil on October 4 to serve the Lord for two years (Go MISSIONARIES Go!)
I've known Sam since I moved back to Washington, he's been one of my best buds :) I can't believe he is old enough to head off on his mission (I actually thought he was prank calling me when he told me about his mission lol) Now that my youngest friend Sam is  heading out on his mission I feel old lol, I mean I'm almost a year older than him so I knew this day would come eventually but last night as I sat there it hit me that man I'm getting old! lol ;)
Sammy's family are all characters lol, I know his older brother Andy quite well and he is down in Rexburg so it was awesome to catch up with him tonight (he is the one pictured with me in some of the photos) Sam and I are basically cheeseballs-I'm going to miss that kid for sure but I'm so proud of him :)

Congrats again Sam to choosing to serve the Lord and go out to Brazil to preach the gospel to those who are ready to learn there, you will be amazing! Its going to be the best two years of your life and you are going to be an incredible missionary!

I'll see you in two years bud :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: