Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Meet Pebbles June.27-28.2011

Meet Pebbles.
She is Melissa and Tim Babcock's little girl (well not so little lol) but she sure thinks she is a baby So Melissa's grandma passed away so they headed over to Eastern Washington and asked me to watch their house and their dog. I went over Sunday night to get the run down of the house (good thing too because the alarm system and tv were super complex lol)
Monday morning they left and I went over to check on the dog-we played outside for a bit, she really loves playing fetch! Then I headed to go clean the field up from the firework show and after I came back and we played outside a bit then we chilled. I went and picked up my mom and we headed to the bookstore then I dropped her off to watch Pebbles while I went to my ASL class :) After wards my mom mom went home and not even five mins after Pebbles rammed through the screen door and broke it off! good thing she just popped it off the hinges and didn't actually break the screen! (phew!) I watched the Dilemma (good movie) then off we went to bed. As I was reading my scriptures Pebbles was situating her bedding, kinda cute to watch her position the blanket every which way till she had it the way she liked lol :)
Then came night time-they weren't kidding when they said she sometimes forgets she is a dog and is more like a baby....She woke up every two hours to move around then go back to sleep and with her tags on her collar I got woken up too! About 4 a.m. she jumped onto the bed with me and I was too tired to push her off so I let her stay and I wake up about five minutes later with a head near my chest, yup she was spooning with me (and for once I was the big spoon BAHA!) Then around 6a.m. ( I know these times cuz I kept checking my phone) she got up and crawled under the blankets to the foot of the bed where she stayed till 8 when she decided she was up for the day. I however could have slept longer but nervous she would go to the bathroom inside I got up to let her out...I kinda forgot about the alarm system which I just so happened to set off when I opened the sliding door (horrible wake up call that's for sure!) then I ran to the bedroom to grab the keys and turned it off! After her bathroom break we sat and watched Rio, well I sat there as she laid on my lap sleeping (go figure she got to take a nap lol) If you don't know I'm not a big pet person so having the dog lay on me is a HUGE step for me :)
Tim calls Pebbles his "little girl" and he isn't kidding lol, this dog forgets she is a dog half of the time and curls up on the couch to sleep or will crawl under your blanket so she can cuddle with you!
After she woke up from her nap I took her on a walk...ok she took me on a walk lol
Then we played outside for a bit, we ended up getting the ball stuck on the roof so I went and grabbed the ladder and got it off (who said short people can't do things?!?!) then we came in and she crashed on the floor (i think i wore her out lol) So as she slept I watched Kung Fu Panda and made Mac and Cheese for dinner -who said I couldn't live on my own lol!
House sitting was fun and I'm grateful the Babcock's thought of me to do it :) Pebbles and I had a great time spending the time together :)
Here is a video of Pebbles playing fetch-she recently graduated from doggie school so we practiced "sit" and "stay" :) She has this awesome dog toy which every pet owner should have its called "chuck it" its lets you pick up the ball to throw it so you can play fetch without actually having to touch the ball-which are gross by the way!

No comments: