Sunday, June 19, 2011

WAYSAC activities June.18.2011


So saturday morning seemed to come super quick (mostly because I was only able to get 5 and a half hours of sleep lol) After the game starting late on Friday night and hanging out afterwards I didn't make it home till after midnight on well Saturday morning lol! Then Saturday morning my mom woke me up at 6:30 so I could be out the door with Steven at 7 for our 5k run :) So Steven picked me up and we headed on the freeway to the 12th and Pearl building...well we got talking and he kinda missed the exit (that boy can't multitask lol) so he got off at the down town Tacoma exit which goes right past the port of Tacoma...so we were just a bit off where we were supposed to be (sarcasm). Steven figured he could get us there by staying on the road...we ended up at a dead end (he was SO wrong lol) then we turned around and hopped back on the freeway (my idea in the first place lol) then when we finally made it to the church, luckily on time we got more bad news-due to the rain..oh ya forgot to mention that it was raining! the 5k got cancelled :( Ah man! But we went on the run anyways with anyone who had showed up. So the run was supposed to take place at Tacoma Community College in the forest area but since the race actually didn't go on there was no signs posted for us to follow. As we got running and everyone began to spread out I ended up by myself (the people I had been with decided to walk and I wanted to keep going) so ya well I ended up coming to an opening that had three ways I could choose. Not knowing which one I tried them all lol and lets just say my 5 mile run turned into more like a 10 mile one lol. Good work out though! My friend Steven and the guy who had been in charge of the run finally came and found me :) then we headed back and got breakfast :)
After that we headed into the Chapel and had the opening devotional. I was asked to conduct the opening song (in front of 500 people-eh no pressure lol!) then we got to hear from the counselor of the Seattle Temple presidency :) it was an amazing talk!
After came the classes:
1st one-Natasha and I went to the Women's self defense class. We learned the basics of kicking peoples butt lol-don't mess with us in a dark alley! :p
2nd was swing dancing. We got to learn the basic steps and then did them to music which was fun!
While Natasha was dancing, I was taking the photos (the teacher is the guy who does it at my Institute so I had learned it before and since there is always TOO many girls and NOT enough guys I sat out and just watched) But while I was sitting out Steven was outside writing his talk-for Sunday, talk about procrastination ;)
Natasha learning to partner swing :)
So after the swing dancing we went to the salsa one-that was fun, got to shake what my momma gave me ;)
Then it was time for the Amazing Race -around Tacoma (literally) Oh man what an adventure we went on! So the first stop from the church was the institute. then after solving the puzzle we went to the Kmart. Off to find Jefferson Place (later discovered that wasn't a street but a name of the park-that one was our own fault but hey we don't know Tacoma at all, this part of Tacoma at least!) After finding the park we searched for the people we were supposed to be meeting-they weren't at the location they were supposed to be. Then we had to get out of the car to play croquet. We all kinda failed at that lol. Off to the next location which was definitely a wild goose chase-the paper said to travel .3 miles after you turned right and you'd end up on 44th (we turned right from 6th ave-ya so we were slightly confused) we stopped and asked the police officers at the coffee shop for directions and they told us that the instructions were wrong and we had to travel more than .3 miles but more like 3 miles (so much for that!) So about halfway there the lady calls us and asks if we are on the way cuz she didn't want to leave us (we told her that her directions were wrong and the reason we were late was because we were following the rules-guess thats what ya get for being obedient huh?) then we found her and she told us our next destination was at the Rose Garden at Point Defiance Zoo...so much for staying in the 5 mile radius of the church -psh!
Then we had to run around the garden trying to match up the titles of the flowers to the boxes on our sheet-well guess what the boxes didn't fit the words (go figure right) so we were confused. Surprisingly enough we weren't the last group there haha and no one could figure it out! the lady came and we explained to her that it was incorrect (between you and I, I don't think she liked it very much that we told she was wrong) but she told us that the last spot was Owen Beach (there was no "w" in the options) so ya we were totally confused-apparently most people guessed it but since we aren't that familiar with the area we had no idea. We drove down to the beach and guess what we weren't the last group!!! my teammates got to snack on some donuts :) While I took photos of them with the ocean behind them!
Steven and cassie-Steven's way of showing brotherly love lol
Natasha, Cassie, & Steven in front of Owen beach :) Job well done guys!

After this we went over to Applebee's for dinner (2 for $20 people!) I got 3 cheese chicken penne :) yummy stuff!!! Then we headed over to the Tacoma Narrows Airport Hanger in Gig Harbor :) Yup we got to have a dance on the airport runway!!! :D The dance was super fun-we got to let loose for a bit which is always nice and I got to hang out with some of my friends that I hadn't seen in a while :) The night is definitely one to remember-we had a girl have a seizure and then on the way home we saw a six car pile up (all of which were adults that had come from the dance-at least we know that there wasn't any alcohol involved lol) but it was rainy and so that might have caused it-i hope they we were all ok! We got home safe and sound and off we all went to bed!!!
This weekend was super fun and I'm so glad I went :D It was awesome to hang with my friends and get to spend some time with adults my own age and of my same beliefs! Thank you Natasha, Steven, Cassie, and James for coming to this activity and making my weekend fantastic!!!

p.s. sorry for the LONG book but I had to fill ya'll in on my weekend!

No comments: