Tuesday, June 21, 2011

2 journals down...onto my third June.14.2011


I can't believe I am actually writing this...I keep looking at my journal in shock that I've actually filled it up! All my childhood I can remember two things being taught to me OVER and OVER again 1) remember who you are & 2) write in a journal. the FIRST one I took to heart-everywhere I went I tried to remember WHO I was, what I STOOD for, and what I WANTED in life and I KNEW that the ONLY way to get there was by choosing right actions. the SECOND however no matter how many times it was DRILLED into my head by parents, achievement day leaders, primary teachers,young women leaders, seminary teachers-it just wasn't happening, my life just wasn't that exciting-I did the SAME thing everyday it seemed so it seemed POINTLESS to write it down. So I didn't. Also writing "dear diary" or to no one seemed DUMB to me (no offense to anyone who does that) but to me it seemed like a WASTE of my TIME! So I passed...I started my blog and that's what I passed off as my journal for a good eh five years. Then I moved out and up to UW for school. I seemed find the IMPORTANCE of writing in my journal...well it started slightly before that, when Nate left and I had no one to tell everything I was feeling to anymore I began to write it down....and basically every night from there on that's what I do. I sit down each night before bed and tell Nate what my day was like--emotions, activities, accomplishments/failures...I swear once I directed my journal to someone (ya I doubt he will EVER read it but hey its just the idea) I had the desire to write in it. I have found 2 benefits to writing....#1 At the end of the week when I am writing Nate and I forget what I have done in the past week (which I tend to do often lol) I can just flip open my journal and WAHLA! its right there to help me out...kinda like having him back with me cuz that's what he used to do lol! and #2 I can go back and read it and reflect on how I was feeling about a certain situation and how I got through a trial...a few days ago I went back to what I wrote a year ago...odd to see how I've changed emotionally in a year (CRAZINESS!). I'm glad for the individuals in my life who have not given up to have me write in a journal. If no one ever reads it at least I know its benefited me in my lifetime :) So I thank you :)

1 comment:

Yo said...

yeah for journals!! that's awesome that you have filled two now onto your third!!