Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4th of July/ 1 year package June.26.2011

I can't believe I am FINALLY writing this post (this year mark has been a long time coming-I think I was thinking about this package even before he got his call lol)
So I like to theme my packages (call me weird -its okay :) ) But seeing as Elder Schott's year mark is a week after the 4th I decided to combine the two holidays (his year mark is a holiday in my book lol) and make the theme yup you probably guessed it "red,white, & blue"
I'm a big 4th of July fan-the hamburgers, fireworks, and hanging with my family is probably the best ever! Oh ya and in my family we always do 4th of July shirts from Old Navy, this year we got Nate his very 1st (he will have many more to come ;) ).
I sent him this photo in his box of me standing next to his chart-I'm just a few days away from hitting the top of my temple calender where then I will go from counting UP to counting DOWN :)
Here is his first t-shirt (excuse the awkward smile, I was slightly still trying to figure how to hold it when my mom snapped the shot lol)
Alrighty now for the contents :)
So I got the idea a few weeks ago when I saw the word incredible-I think Nate is pretty incredible plus it has the word "red" in it so it fit perfectly :)
Ok so for the
"red" section-he got a red tie, sweedish fish, red jello, red lei's, twix (his favorite) is written in red (two birds with one stone-ya buddy)
"white" section-he got 12 talks (on white paper ) with 12 different topics that we've worked on while he has been out (a different topic each month, its an amazing idea to do-I highly encourage it!) and a sticky note on them saying the field is "white" and ready to harvest, play-doh that was white (awesome find by the way!), the white box has red & blue bands inside of it (you know like the livestrong wrist bands but his said Freedom, life, and liberty (red one) and Institute rocks (blue one)), and gum
"blue" section- the Old Navy shirt obviously lol, blue jello, blueberry muffin mix, blue frisbee, and glow sticks!

Here is a picture of it all in the box (I was house sitting so my awesome mom put it all together for me and shipped it off -ps she also helped with the ideas for the gifts and sayings on each thing too:) she is a clever one!)
We ran up to the church bookstore on monday afternoon to grab some temple photos (it is what he asked for in his last letter-He doesn't have one in his apartment so we got him one of the Seattle Temple :) )
I hope he gets the theme lol but I truly do think Elder Schott is incredible :) He loves this gospel and the Lord with all his heart and is serving him so well and also the people of San Antonio. It makes me smile whenever I get an email or a letter from him telling me of a lesson he took part in, the Holy Ghost confirming the truth to someone, a baptism he participated in or a talk he gave in church :) I love him and I'm so proud of his willingness to leave his family, friends, and me behind to go out and be the Lord's hands here on earth for two years. One year down and one more year to go Elder Schott-keep up the hard work and return to me with honor :)

1 comment:

Caralee said...

I love this! You're so cute :) Also, your theme idea is so cute!