Saturday, November 5, 2011

Temple Saturday November.5.2011

Waking up to attend the temple this morning was the best decision I've ever made, the feeling you experience there is beyond description. I was able to be surrounded by youth from all over the area who had gotten up at 6 a.m. to attend a temple session (how amazing is that?) I know as a teenager I did not want to get up early on my Saturdays. I was truly impressed, waking up at 7 this morning I thought was rough lol. Tessa picked me up and we met Taylor and Jenna at the institute, piled into one car and headed there. We didn't schedule an appointment so they attached us to the RS sisters that were coming in from the Graham Stake, my friend Kourtney who used to be in my ward was there so that was pretty awesome to see her :)
Today was bliss, peaceful, sure we had to wait two hours to perform the ordinances but the most important thing is that they were completed. I love listening to the worker's as they speak, with such confidence and firmness that they know this church is true, it strengthens my testimony for sure!
I love this gospel, the joys that it brings to our lives, not only us living here on Earth but to those who have passed on already as well. 
The temple is gorgeous, as we walked out of it today the sun was hitting it just right and it just sparkled, it was definitely like a scene out of a fairy tale. I can't wait till the day I have my happy ending sealed for time and all eternity in that place :)

After our temple trip we headed to Denny's for breakfast-well seeing as it was 11:30 it was more like a brunch but delicious nonetheless ;) I ordered "moons over my hammy"-come on that has to be the coolest title for food EVER! we were joking about saying it just to see what the waiter would say, so I did (sure I feel into peer pressure but it was the good kind lol) and it as hilarious! and I did end up ordering it and it was so worth the embarrassment for both the waiter and I lol! Definitely a great way to start my Saturday :)