Friday, November 18, 2011

Guess who? 11.18.2011

This week at the Seattle Institute we got a special visitor! Can anyone tell who it is????
Elder Oaks :D
I was super stoked for this visit (my first up close and personal meeting of an apostle!)
I first heard the news from my roomie Carole who said it was a rumor going around...then on wednesday in my institute class (see I do attend!) I heard it from Bro Knowles!
Elder Oaks was coming to Washington for some leadership conference and was going to have an extra 30 mins to spare and wanted to come and talk to the YSA at in Seattle :)

 I raced from work on Friday morning so I could make it to the institute in time! I ended up deciding to skip my spanish class-yes I know its bad to skip class but come on its an apostle!!!! (cut me some slack)
Elder Oaks arrived with his cute wife and introduced themselves, then Elder Oaks said he would love to shake all our hands but he felt inspired to talk to us about some issues that cause the apostles worry these days. So sadly I didn't get to shake his hand or take a photo with him I did get some of him counseling us!
 His words were awesome-helping us prepare for the church to be made really the attention of the media with the elections and how to deal with it along with Satan's temptations that come along with media.
After he exited, I actually got to go up to his wife and talk to her for a bit-so I got to shake her hand and she was holding his hand when they walked in so it kinda counts lol ;)
I am grateful that I got to partake of this wonderful event, I'm grateful for being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Today was a great day and definitely one for the journal :)

No comments: