Thursday, February 10, 2011

I did it :) Feb. 6. 2011

So Sunday was basically an incredible day-A wonderful sacrament meeting filled with tons of uplifting stories, the Packers took home the win at the Super Bowl, and Nate and I completed the Book of Mormon.
A little over seven months but we did it!
It makes me feel so awesome inside to know that I finally read through the Book of Mormon for me, not for any requirement in Young Women's or Honor's recognition in Seminary, I did it for me. I believe this is the one time in my life I can act selfish (at least I think it is) and although I did do this with Nate (I am SO grateful he was there right along side of me motivating me to keep up my good work even if he was far away!) I still am super proud of myself of making it into a habit-each night before I go to bed (no matter what time it is and yes there has been some SUPER late nights lol...dang college!) I read my scriptures and journal :) I love the scriptures! Each time I read them I get something new out of them and I fully believe in the saying "you get out of them what you need to hear" which has totally been evident in reading with Nate-its really interesting to see what his remarks are to the same verses I am reading :) Anywho not to make this post SUPER long I just wanted to finish off with my testimony (or a little chunk of it), this book here is a powerful tool that has definitely help change me into a better person and help me grow closer not only to my Heavenly Father but my Savior and brother Jesus Christ as well. I love how this book can be related to my life even if it was written ages ago-i love how the stories can help me get through trials or struggles I am experiencing! I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints :)

2 comments:

Natasha Louise Taylor said...

wooooooooooooooooo! go you! i love this! Being LDS is pretty much the best thing, we are so blessed!

Unknown said...

Wow Im so proud of you and what you have accomplished and just loved reading your testimony you have grown so much.

love you
mom