Monday, July 25, 2011

Pioneer Weekend July.22-23.2011


Posted by Picasa
My stake always has a celebration for the Pioneer weekend down at Camp Nisqually. This weekend the sun actually made an appearance here (thank heavens!) so it was perfect weather for the baseball tournament they have! I'm not a big baseballer so I watched the little kiddos instead :) It was fun playing and chasing them around while the adults practiced for their game since their competition didn't show up they just got practice time for their game on Saturday morning.


Saturday morning I went with two of my friends (Kariah & Afton) with their kids out garage saling :) It was tons of fun and we scored some really good deals (my mom may think otherwise but I like the chair I found -for free by the way! I'm going to get crafty and cover up the cat marks! ;p)

After our shoppingg we met the guys (aka their husbands) at Cabela's (while the girls are out shopping the guys go and get sling shots to shoot down at the camp lol) then we went to Panera Bread for lunch *first time for me* it was yummy, I got a ceasar salad and creamy tomato soup (odd for a hot summer day but boy did it taste good!)


then we headed back to the campsite where they had big blow up toys for the kiddos and volleyball games then it was time for the big championship game for the baseball. It was Parkland Ward (my ward-woot woot!) vs Lake City (boo lol)


Well after 7 or so innings we ended up losing to them...sad day...11-1 but we had fun and we may not have pro players like their team had but they seemed to have fun playing :) After such a long day I was totally exhausted but I definitely had a fantastic day and weekend :) I think I'm addicted to garage saling lol ( I blame Afton and Kariah lol)

No comments: