Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just a blink ago...July.17.2011

July 17, 2009
It seems like just the other day I was nervous as heck and couldn't decide what to wear for our first date...
I played around with like ten outfits asking all my friends for their opinions and finally decided on one :)
Well I happened to get ready oh about two hours earlier than Nate had said he would pick me up (figures lol) so I sat around trying to pass the time..watched some tv (I don't remember what I watched lol) then I walked around trying to pass the time. Didn't work so well :( Then it came, the time I've been waiting for all week (ya he had called me up earlier in the week so it led me to freak out all WEEK long-thank you Nate)..the date that would change everything!
With my outfit all ready to go & me nervous as no tomorrow there was a knock at the door and there he was (he actually came-a part of me figured he was going to cancel on me!) Then we left in his big blue truck (there is only a picture of me because I figured it was too early for a photo of "us" lol-just in case it didn't work out :/) But anyways! We drove over to the movie theaters and we parked in what became "our spot", behind the theater :)
We got our drinks (so he joked about sharing and I was like...ugh..ummm...can i get my own? *stupid girl* lol) But we found our seats and kinda chit chatted while we waited for the movie to start!
May I say our parents are mean?? Oh ya its true, both of our parents had been to The Proposal before and Nate's suggested he take me to it and then I asked my mom about it seeing if I should say yes to a movie date to that and she laughed and was like "oh ya that's a good one"...so they say that movies are a great way to break the ice..oh boy did it! so we are watching the movie and then the part where they are naked and run into each other comes on and it just so happens that we were both taking a drink of our sodas...and we watched that then had to try really hard to keep our soda in our mouths lol! We both looked at each other and laughed :) It was an awkward moment turned good :)
I must say this movie has now became a memorable one for us & I'm sure we've watched it a handful of times too :) I love it for one and its what started my relationship with Nate makes it even better :) After the movie Nate took me out for ice cream at Cold Stone. He laughed at me for not being able to decided (in my defense there is a lot of options!) and then choosing mint ice cream with white chocolate chips (haha yes I do remember that, can't remember what was on tv but my ice cream flavor ;p) We sat outside since it was actually a hot July evening (unlike this year's) and ate our ice cream and just talked...I remember going from sitting awkwardly and trying to find that right position where I felt comfortable to be sitting and talking to him to sitting there for two hours and chatting the night away. We ended up talking past 11 which was when Cold Stone closed, that poor employee who had to come out and break up our night lol I may have given her an evil glare (oops!) But Nate being the sweet guy he is suggested we didn't end our night and walk around and talk instead (oh man my heart leaped for joy) I am usually scared to be outside at night in public (with all the crazy's out there!) But with Nate by my side I felt totally safe :) We then walked around for what seemed like forever just talking and getting to know each other, finding out that we had a lot in common :) Before midnight (that was my curfew) he drove me home, as I sat in the truck and we talked some more I honestly don't think there was ever a moment I didn't have a smile on my face-ya he does that to me :) We pulled up to my driveway and then another awkward moment happened-do i kiss him or not? well to those who are reading i'll just let you know now, we didn't kiss lol instead we gave a quick hug lol and he was like I'll see ya on Sunday (awkward much lol)
Well two years has passed by since that day. WOW. I can't believe we've been together, not just together but growing closer each day. We may be states apart but it feels like he is right here whenever I open up a letter :) Next year at this time we be able to go out and actually celebrate our first date anniversary (AHHH i'm so excited!!)
But since we are apart I figured I'd send him a card :) I wrote him a note on the left and made up a timeline of our history on the right side :)
I found some Taco Bell sauce packets that had really cute sayings on them so I decided to craft up this:
I started our with a pink sticky note explaining how to open it lol, then under each sauce packet is a pink one explaining the note-how it applies to us :), then under that is green ones saying I Love You :) and under that is my note to him! Its a multi-layered card :)
Nate, I love you so much and I am so grateful that you asked me out two years ago, you took a chance on me and look how far we've come. I don't know how you do it but somehow you always know what to say to me, I've been definitely blessed in my life and I still haven't found the words to express my feelings for you, so for now I will just stick to our "I love you" :) Two years of you and me and many more to come :)

No comments: