Sunday, October 23, 2011

Water Taxi 10.23.2011

How do you get from UW to west Seattle??? 
great question! the answer is by the WATER TAXI :)
I got to experience taking the bus to downtown Seattle (not as creepy in the daylight lol) and then navigated my way to the water taxi (which wasn't ALL that hard since the water was only in one direction so my chances of messing it up were slim lol)
So not so funny story-Seattle was closing the viaduct (a road that connects west Seattle to east Seattle) soon, I thought it was the friday 10/21 so I looked up the times (they added more times because more people would be using the water taxi since they couldn't drive for a week) so I thinking I was all smart and set to go got to the loading dock at 10:45 ready to set sail (look at me and using sailor jargon lol) at 11. Well LITTLE did I know the viaduct (that road I mentioned before) wasn't closing till monday 10/24...so when I thought I was being all "smart" turned out to be I wasn't...in fact I was 45 mins early for the next one lol. 
But it was alright-the sun was out and I got to enjoy the beautiful scenic view of Seattle while I waited!
Then I got on board, the water taxi is only for people (its literally a taxi for the water) but it was super sweet and zoomed us across the water to the other side (no traffic on water ;p)
It was a pretty sweet adventure and I got to see all of Seattle which was pretty awesome! OH! As we passed by this ship (middle right side photo) we got to see California sea lions which was pretty sweet!


No comments: