Saturday, October 1, 2011

General Conference October.1-2.2011

  The annual Latter Day Saint Conference was this weekend. 
I love conference!
I get to sit in my pj's for two days straight and NO one cares...ok that is not the REAL reason but it is definitely a perk ;p
Conference time is such a special time-it is like two days filled with spirit that totally leaves you on a spiritual high that I LOVE! We hear words from our Prophet, the apostles, and other select leaders of the church :)
I think the best part is that they all have prayed and have received revelation about what they should be talking about, basically it is not something RANDOM but something that PERTAINS to us in the here and now which is so awesome.
This is the conference center (below and above) It gets filled with over 20,000 people for this event-that's a lot of Latter Day Saints lol and guess what....that is not it, you have it being broadcast all over the world in TONS of different languages-is that sweet OR WHAT? It is so incredible what technology can do! :)

The seats on the stand behind the general authorities get filled up with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, man can they sing (I can't so I admire them a ton!) What a special gift they have and are willing to share that gift with everyone in the world :) Music was beautiful this year :)
Conference weekend was fantastic, I definitely had my prayers answered. I love growing up and maturing and finally realizing what my parents, teachers/leaders, and peers meant by going into conference prepared with questions and ACTUALLY paying attention rather than distracting myself with coloring books, homework, or electronics to get myself through those hours. I loved going into conference feeling ready to have my questions answered from the Lord as he spoke through his servants to my heart :) It was pretty fantastic to experience that to be honest. Growing up I guess does have its perks lol :) Conference was amazing and I am definitely refueled and ready to go out into the world! I can't wait till April for it to come again :) oh and to add this is my third conference without Nate...only 1 more to go :) I really do love the fact that we are doing the SAME thing on this day :) its kind of a cool experience!

No comments: