Thursday, October 13, 2011

Best friend returns 10.13.2011

I can't believe two years have come and gone just like that (I just blinked ;p)
What is even crazier is that I've known this kid for years now lol 
So Austin lives across the street from my Dad and Cricket in Utah, basically we were friends from hello-
his siblings and mine became the neighborhood crew, we played video games, watched movies, and stayed out each night!
Since I live in Washington our time together to hang out was always limited though, summers and winter vacation mostly (sometimes spring break if I could make it down there!)
But we made the most of it & we've been best friends ever since!
Austin got his mission call to the Guatemala mission and was to report in October of 2009 so that meant summer of 2009 would be our last chance to hang out for 2 years!
One of the best memories of that summer was when Austin and I went out to the Deseret Star Theater (this place takes popular movies and makes fun of them, its basically awesome) 
 Can't forget making him over with my hair ties, the fact that he actually let me do this to him is amazing (I don't know of many guys that would let this happen lol) But it was awesome, his little sister and I had a blast doing this to him ;p
 Two years later, emailing back and forth (because Guatemala's post system sucks and my letters never made it to him) staying in touch and keeping our awesome relationship :)
Elder Hemmert returned home to his excited family on October 13, 2011 late at night, he was supposed to get home in the afternoon but a weather interference caused his flight to be delayed but he did end up getting home safely which I'm grateful for!


Because now my nights are filled with these two guys-Austin and his not so little little brother Jayden!
These two crack me up and I love our skype chats :)
Posted by Picasa

I'm so proud of Austin for serving the Lord for two years, its a hard journey that many are not choosing to do these days so it makes me happy that he did it! I'm so grateful for our friendship, he helps me become the best I can and teaches me something new everyday! Welcome Home Elder...I mean Austin :)

No comments: