Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dinner for 7? 10.25.2011

We aren't normal lol, no two missionaries for us! We have 5 of them serving in our ward in fact (3 English speaking and 2 Mandarin ones) Carole and I signed up to feed the missionaries on Tuesday night so we headed over to the institute at 6 to start the cooking (we live in a dorm so it would be really cramped quarters if we did it there so that's why we went to the institute instead!) The Elders arrived at 6:30 and we had a table all set up with place settings and the food ready to go-it was really cool to be honest, having dinner at a table with a lot of people, I miss that since I usually eat at my desk while I do homework lol.
Dinner was fantastic (spaghetti, bread, and snap peas oh and chocolate donuts for dessert-we are classy lol) but the Elders seemed to enjoy it and I sure enjoyed their company, we have some really awesome Elders serving in this area! It was cool to get to know them a bit more and then after our bellies for full they left us with an awesome message (spiritually fed too!) I love this church! Great memories are always created!

No comments: