Monday, April 11, 2011

A year ago today... April.11.2011

I can't believe a year has passed since my papa left this earth. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him and wish he was still here. I remember the day he passed so vividly which makes it harder to move on. But its been a year and we are slowly getting our lives back together, my Nana is doing really well considering she lost her husband, companion, and best friend.

I remember as a little girl up till the time he passed away whenever I saw him sitting on his lap. Me being 5'2 and him being a giant lol like 6'5 ish or something (giant to me at least) I could still pull it off.. :) which is something I truly miss but I definitely appreciate all the times I was able to do it.
I loved whenever my Papa would greet me, he would give me a HUGE hug and say "hello Bratlin", I can still hear him saying it to me and sometimes I think he still whispers it in my ear to encourage me to keep enduring through my trials and to bring a smile to my face. I loved having him wrap his arms around me and me kissing his cheek!
I can remember my grandparents coming to all my birthday dinners when I lived in Washington at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I loved having them there and will truly miss my Papa not being there. My last birthday memory of him was of him trying to figure out how to take a photo with his touch screen. Old people and technology crack me up-I will definitely cherish that moment forever.
A year ago we said goodbye to this beloved man but he will stay in our hearts forever. He made such an impact on our lives, mine truly. He taught me the fundamentals of a good work ethic and the importance of using my brain to do operations rather than relying on technology which came in handy in my future. He was always my support in my school activities and I hate that he never got to see me dress up for my High School prom or graduation but I believe he was looking down at me from heaven and still does :) Papa I love you!

No comments: