Friday, April 8, 2011

Last day of tutoring :( April.7.2011

Well the day has come, tutoring (my job) is ending for the year and it has come for me to move on to bigger and better things (which I am excited for but sad to say goodbye to these cute kids) The girls in the picture with me are the ones I have been with for majority of my time at B.F.Day Elementary school. (from left to right it goes Alena, Rifqah, and Annabelle-adorable girls who were in second grade class)
And the little guy with me is Isaiah :) he was in first grade and loved playing connect four with me! He was so good at it too..I lost majority of the times but it was fun lol!

















The lady in the photo with me is my boss Mrs Beth Tesh, she is the kindest person I have ever met! She runs this after school tutoring program on her own doing through volunteering while she continues her education in college-very impressive :) The girl with the flower in the picture is Alena, I was lucky enough to work with her for majority of my time there (she made the flower as a gift to me). It was awesome getting to work with her, she has an attention problem so it was great for me to work with her to help me with my patience and it gave me a chance to teach her how to read and do math which was nice!
The other picture is with Rifqah-oh my goodness this girl was adorable...from the first day I had her she gave me a high five (so cute!!!) and she did it for the whole time I was there. she was awesome to work with and we got to master tying her shoes throughout the time I was there at B.F. Day-go girlie! I will sure miss working with these awesome kids but I have had such a great time and have learned quite a bit not only about them and how to work with kids (which will definitely help me in my future) but as well as learning about myself. This has been a great opportunity and I am very grateful for everyone at B.F.Day Elementary School!

No comments: