Friday, April 1, 2011

Book of Mormon class week 1 March.31.2011

So this quarter I am lucky enough to fit into my schedule not only 1 but 2 Book of Mormon classes-awesome right? I love being able to go through this book and discuss with the teachers (and class) about what goes on inside this awesome book, learning the fundamentals (aka basic principles) of the gospel are important so I am really excited for this quarter!

So I am taking Book of Mormon 3 (Alma-Helaman) in the afternoon with Bro. White! I have been appointed conductor of the class so that means I am the person everyone avoids and doesn't sit next to or else I will call on them....way to boost my social interaction-not :(

And the other class is Book of Mormon 1 (1 Nephi-2 Nephi) so I get to learn about the beginning of the book....interesting fact I was able to realize last night was Nephi didn't write his part of the Book of Mormon intending it to be the opening of it (There was the Book of Lehi which isn't in our possession at this time) so all of Nephi's words are the opening now. This got me thinking, the prophets are truly inspired when writing their words-Nephi wrote his portion in such a way that it was able to function as the opening of the book. How incredible!
Last night we had a surprise visitor come to our class....MORONI!!! Ya he traveled a long time to make it to good ol' Washington ;p
It was nice to hear his words and have him exhort to us individually the things that we should do as we read the Book of Mormon and then continue them into our everyday lives :)

A few things I wrote down in my scripture journal that I wanted to share with ya'll:
~We were discussing the amilicites in the Book of Mormon 3 class and how they wanted to be different so they marked themselves, got me thinking how do us as members of the church mark ourselves? And is our markings bad or good? [I made it a goal to strive to mark myself with good marks]
~Alma 1:29-33 Alma's people are more rich than the non-believers, the irony in the gospel :)
~Loved this quote "what the heart knows today the head will understand tomorrow"
~And a sign that is in my institute classroom: "The goal: not to get through the book. But to get the book THROUGH you"-Elder Neal A. Maxwell....I love that goal :D

Great classes this week! I'll update next week!

1 comment:

Natasha Louise Taylor said...

Lovin the colourful blog Kendahl!

And the what the heart knows today quote!!

I miss talkin to you, we should chat, real soon!