Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nathaniel's 20th Birthday January 6, 2011

So today is Nate's 20th birthday, it sucks to not have him here to celebrate it with him but he is out serving the Lord so that's an awesome way to spend his birthday! So in honor of his birthday I wanted to do something that reminded me of him and with no Sonic around here to grab a green apple soda (his favorite) I went for his second favorite drink -Mexican coke! I spotted it in the cafeteria when we went down for dinner and so I grabbed one :)
Well since its his 20th birthday I decided I'd blog about the 20 things I love about him (in no particular order) :D
1. I love how although he hates dances and getting dressed up he took me to not only my last LDS prom but my senior prom as well, even though he only knew a few people (one of his best friends steven was there and thats who is in the picture with him..steven is serving his mission in Guatemala!) and had to dress up in a tux (thanks babe it meant a lot to me!)
2. I love how high you value family-you are amazing with your siblings and so respectful and obedient to your parents. And as an added note I love how much you love and care for my niece and nephew-you held them with such care and played with my rambunctious nephew all day and never got sick of it!
3. I love how you planned awesome dates :D I remember our first date (this time around ;]) of the movie and then going to get cold stone and walking around and just talking-it was an incredible night :)
4. I love how you like to cuddle. You being so tall and me so small makes for the perfect pair :) I love sitting on the couch wrapped in your arms or getting hugs ( i miss my personal back popper :/ ) I can't wait till you come back and we can cuddle once again-we got a lot of movies to catch up on ;)
5. I love your focus on education. You left on your mission with a completed AA degree in Engineering-You GO BABY! You know what you want and you figured out the way to accomplish it. You have the smarts and the determination to accomplish anything!
6. I love your sarcasm- ya I know I can't believe I'm admitting this but honestly your sense of humor is amazing! It keeps me on my toes and makes me smile and laugh constantly!
7. I love your willingness-you are always there to help out! My mom misses your helping hands at ward functions! I love how you always offered to help out in any way possible!
8. I love your driving-gives me something to tease you about :) You are adorable driving to places before you go for real to make sure you get there safely and I love being your passenger and navigator :)

9. I love how you know what to say-each week in my letters you always have the right words to help bring a smile to my face and comfort me even though you are far away!
10. I love your support- my senior year you came to all my functions (soccer, daffodil selection, drama performances, basketball games, etc)...even when you had homework and were studying for a midterm you made it to my soccer game and ALWAYS stayed after to tell me how great of a job I did no matter what the scoreboard read.
11. I love how spiritual you are- I remember in sunday school how you always knew the answers and it made all of the rest of us students jealous (even myself :p) and now you are out serving the Lord and spreading the gospel (putting your knowledge definitely to great use!) You have a firm testimony of this Church and I am so proud of you for being worthy to serve for two years!
12. I love how I got you to start taking photos of yourself-yup I corrupted you hehe...You are HOT yes I said it HOT and I love looking at you haha (yup i stare lol) and I am so glad I got you to take photos because now that you are gone I have photos of you :)
13. I love how you love playing basketball! You have gotten actually skilled at it but I am sure I can still kick you butt ;)
14. I love the way you make me feel-no matter what I look like -glasses, lack of sleep, or anyday I am having a rough day you always tell me how beautiful I am and how much you adore me and that means the world to me!
15. I love your eyes. you are my brown eyed boy! I could just stare at your eyes forever-so rich and they bring such warmth :)
16. I love how you didn't let dating me get in your way of your friendships with your boys. You balanced your time perfectly so that you could have your bromance ;) and not neglect me :)
17. I love your charm- I have many saved texts, pieces of writing, and memories from when you were my MR. CHARMING. You made up poems each wednesday after basketball and I LOVED waking up on thursday mornings to that :)
18. I love at age 18 you gave our love a second chance! You got up the courage to ask me out again and I have fallen for you babe!
19. I love that your so dedicated to the Lord to leave your family for two years that you may help other families be together for eternity :)
20. I LOVE you Nathaniel, I am so grateful that you were brought to this earth and I honestly believe that we were meant to be together, you bring such happiness to my life, I wake up each day with a smile because I know you love me even though you are far away. I am so proud of you in all that you have accomplished and can't wait till you return with honor to see what is in store next for you :)

No comments: