Monday, August 8, 2011

Schott getaway! August.7.2011

Sometimes you just need a quick escape from the hectic pace of life to help remind you of what matters most! I got to do that today with the Schotts-we took the day off and headed over to Port Townshend :) (I know so bad skipping church and all but it was a fun day!)


Its all because that boy in the corner-Landon is his name was attending a wood working class up there making boomerrangs :) He started them on Saturday and on Sunday he finished them up and I must say I'm impressed-they turned out really great & best part is that they actually work lol!


Next pictures (on the right side of the collage) is of the car ride...after we dropped Landon off at his class we headed into town and checked out the boutiques...some super cute stuff ( i found tons of those signs that had cute sayings) but BOY were they expensive (gotta get the tourist's money i suppose lol) but I was smart and just wrote them down and will make my own! But Mireya convinced her parents to get her a Hello Kitty notepad with a multi colored pen lol so that's when you get the pictures, the package the notepad came in had this "remove before use" sticker which she thought was hilarious so she put it on my arm...and I was like "i hope you don't remove my arm, I kinda need that"-she giggled :) then she put it on her forehead and her dad turns around and was like "ah man...just what we need, removing her brain lol" it was funny! In the car Landon and I played the license plate & slug bug game (basically an excuse to hit each other lol!) But I'm a beast at that game so I got to hit him a few dozen times lol, he was just lucky that I was hitting him with my left hand which is not my dominant one so it didn't hurt as bad ;)


We headed to the beach-Kitsap State Park to be exact :) can you say BRRR??? cuz I can't...I was too numb from the ice cold water to speak! But after about an hour of wading in and out trying to get up to my neck or at least to where I would have to swim, we got out to go walk up and down the coast line looking for seashells and crabs :) I found some pretty awesome looking seashells :)


Then after turning off my common sense about wanting to stay warm rather than freeze my butt off I did it! i got in all the way into the FREEZING water :) landon and I went out for a swim, good news-the water was a bit warmer once you got out a bit (we may have been hallucinating lol) but still it was tons of fun, we were swimming against the current and sadly it won...we tried so hard to get back to where we had started to get back on land but failed lol. we ended up going a bit off and having to walk up to the parents :)


After we were done swimming we headed to Mongolian Grill-kind of a cool place, you pick out what you want to eat and then they grill it up! It was like BAM food :) I could get used to that ;) At dinner Landon ate a jalapeno, he is usually fantastic with them and it doesn't hurt at all but this one was a fresh one and BOY OH BOY did it BURN! His face got all red, his eyes watered and he couldn't talk...FUNNIEST thing of my life... it gave us a good laugh :)


After dinner we headed home :) I must say today was a fantastic day and I am so glad that the Schott's invited me to come along-I love them! So much fun :) It was fun hanging out at the ocean and in town acting like tourists (probably can't go back though-we got a little goofy lol!) Thank you SO much for inviting me to join on your getaway :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: