Monday, August 1, 2011

Alec's turns 8! July.30.2011

Alecsander Joseph Marini
Eight years ago today you were brought into this world to two loving parents who have raised you along with your other three siblings with loving hearts and a wonderful family :)
Today you chose to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Eight years old is such a special time, baptism is such an amazing thing and I'm so proud of him.
I feel so old to be watching Alec take this step, I remember moving into this ward and him being just a little tyke-now he is all grown up :)
After his baptism at the church we headed over to his house where the party began :)

yummy food-hamburgers, fruit, and pasta salads and great company made for one awesome afternoon! Oh! Ya the sun was out too which was fantastic :)

Next Alec opened his gifts-so in our family my mom gives cards to kids for their birthday with money in it according to their age (if you can't figure it out that means Alec got 8 crisp $1 bills! ;p)




Oh and some awesome glow in the dark bouncy balls...thought the boys in the house would enjoy those :)

But my favorite gift to him from us was these awesome Mariners (Washington's baseball game that the Marini's love) baseball gloves for next years baseball season-Alec loves playing baseball so I'm excited to watch him wear those at next season's game :)



Miss Kenzie is super adorable...and you have Jeremiah & Scotty in the background watching as Alec opened his gifts..they were totally focused lol!



Zach and I :) He is my little buddie!



Grandma "is" (kids can't really say Lis lol) Soaking up some sun at the party :)



I wasn't lying when I said the Alec is a basball fanatic-even his cake was baseball themed lol!


Happy Birthday to you Alec, I wish you the best this year! Being 8 is great, it comes with lots of joy but also a lot of responsibility but I know you are prepared and tough and will be able to tackle anything that comes your way :) I love you Alec :)

No comments: