Monday, August 1, 2011

Playground time July.28.2011

So with my mom having the car today I got to ride my bike (cough her bike cough) over to the Schott's house to visit with them & take them out on a bike ride over to Christensen Elementary School so we could play on the playground and hang out for a bit.
ok so apparently when I was in elementary school was FOREVER ago because everything I did that I thought was "cool" is now totally NOT :( twisting on the swings like Landon is doing here in this photo has now been trumped by school kids everywhere!

One thing that stays the same however is going down the slides on the playground-I love the "zoom" sensation you get..sadly it goes too quick :(


This school has hills which made it fun to take our bikes to the top then ride down, Landon biffing it was kinda funny too-don't worry no one got hurt!


Landon joined the break dancing club at his middle school and got pretty good before school let out for summer-he showed off his moves! He even did the cricket pause (thats the move he is doing) on my back..I challenged him to it so ya him being a Schott + a man couldn't let that pass ;p


Then he showed me a few moves which I failed at all of them, yup break dancing is NOT MY THING lol but its super impressive! I can do a headstand though (thats what we did when I was a kid!) So we made the "nike" pose while Mireya snapped a photo :)


After playing for a bit we headed back to their house and Michelle (their mom) asked if I wanted to stay for dinner -can you say I was happy? Cuz that would be a lie..I was stoked :) I chatted with her as she made dinner, it was nice to catch up :) The missionaries came over for dinner too which was nice, the one is heading home soon coincidentally home is Texas so that made for some good dinner talk over tacos! Elders had to head up to the church so they left and after some dishes and cleaning up we moved to the deck and chatted for a bit-it was a great day and an amazing night :) I rode home one happy girl that evening! thank you Schott's for not only letting my hang with your awesome kids but inviting me to dinner :)


This video is of Landon showing me up :( Its alright-he is awesome so its all good I'll let him!


No comments: