Friday, August 26, 2011

MG date :) August.26.2011

So what do you get when you are dating a guy who leaves to serve the Lord for two years and leaves the girl behind?
An MG (missionary girlfriend)
One of the toughest girls you will ever meet.
We write each week to our guy to support him along his journey.
We have plenty of lonely nights, tears shed, and lots of ice cream is consumed!
You await your letter each week, anxiously run to the mailbox, and happily write him back.
Its a rough journey we CHOOSE, but if you go at it with the right attitude it will become one of the most memorable experiences of your life, you will be blessed beyond belief and thank your Heavenly Father for each one! I love being an MG, I have become so much closer to Nate while he has been out, its been an amazing journey thus far and I can't wait to continue it :)
One of the bonuses for being an MG is making tons of friends who are experiencing the same things as you and can relate. I belong to a group on facebook called "I'm waiting for a missionary" Its a group where you can go to and turn to awesome ladies (and a few fellas) for advice, to vent, or ideas for packages :)
I met one of my great friends name Jenna from this page, she actually lives a  few blocks away from where my dad lives in Utah :) We officially met last year around Christmas and have been awesome friends ever since-her guy comes home next June so I'm here follower lol :)
We decided to throw a party while I was down here in Utah this summer.
we planned the date, got the goods (aka snacks) and invited all the MG's that lived in Utah :)
 It was such a fun night getting to know a little bit about all the girls! I randomly took this photo + it was 11:30 at night lol but I loved Jalissa's face so I had to put it up (sorry others who don't like it, your faces were too priceless to pass up!) from L to R its Jalissa, Alyssa, Jenna, and Cara :)
 Jalissa and I...her guy is named Riley, they are so cute together! He has been out for a few months so they are just starting their journey but getting stronger each day which is whats important :)
 So this page has brought many blessings into my life, one of the biggest is this girl, Cara! Cara and I grew up together while I lived in Sandy, Utah...I moved away the summer before 5th grade and Cara ended up moving to South Jordan. As the years went on we grew apart, but then when I joined facebook we reconnected (technology is amazing!) Now we are both on the same page (literally) and both awaiting for the love our lives to return :) Its been great reconnecting with her :)
 Everyone meet Tatiana :) I got my first chance to in person at this event lol-we have previously skyped and chatted so we know each other :) Tatitana gets her guy back in December, awesome Christmas gift?!? I think so!!!
These three wonderful ladies we classified as "the next up" because all of them get their guys back shortly :)
On the left Lesha gets her guy back on September 14, Laina in October, and Kallee was that next tuesday!!! Ah so exciting :)

So basically this night was a success :) I got to meet some lovely ladies and get to know them a little bit which was fantastic, we will have to do it again next time I am down :) Good luck ladies on your waiting journey, its rough but we got this :)

No comments: