Thursday, December 1, 2011

December-can it really be? 12.1.2011

Has 12 months seriously gone by already?
Is it almost time for us to end 2011 and begin 2012?
Seriously?
I totally remember sitting in my sister's house last December on New Year's Eve looking at the missionary girl page on facebook that I belong to (best thing on facebook I swear!) and I remember clicking off rather quickly because all the girls that were going to get their guys back in 2011 were posting about how excited they were about it, don't get me wrong I would be too but its right then when it HIT me....the year of 2011 I'd go without seeing Nate. It was odd for me to think about it to be honest, the idea of not having his presence for a whole year seemed so weird-its like he wouldn't exist for a whole year (if that makes any sense) 
But we've gone through 11 months of that year already.
With December 1st here....it means bittersweet moments are headed my way:
 three more weeks of school.
two weeks of paying attention
one week of finals.
best friend getting married. (Brittany Erickson)
going to Utah to spend my winter break.
hopefully having a white Christmas,
consuming LOTS of hot coco.
seeing Temple Square with all the Christmas lights (my.favorite.thing.ever.)
new Christmas Eve pj's
listening to the night before Christmas.
reading the story of Jesus in the scriptures.
watching my niece and nephew wake up on Christmas morning.
spending time with my family.
relaxing for two and a half weeks.
not having to stress about school.
hanging with friends.
playing with my niece and nephew and all their new toys.
Christmas meals with the family.
getting some sleep (excited for that)
sparkling cider.
counting down to 2012
being able to say "I get my man back this year" on the missionary girl facebook page.
I.Love.Christmas.
Hello DECEMBER

p.s. Since its December and it is kind of a big deal ;) I need to post this....a WEEK from today Marlee gets her man back from his mission!!!! :) woohoo!


1 comment:

Abby said...

december is best and christmas is amazing!! you will have your boy back for next christmas :) xx