Friday, February 10, 2012

Sweet Meet 2.10.2012

Tonight was the annual YSA Sweet Meet. This year it was the girls turn to come up with desserts to make and for the boys to bid. We started our night off a bit rushed with going over to Betsy's house *thanks again Betsy for letting us use your kitchen to prep in!* I had decided to make dirt cups-adult style ;p....Oreo Surprise is what I decided on calling it. I layered crushed oreos, chocolate and vanilla pudding, hersheys syrup and some whip cream with an oreo to top it off :) We put our desserts together and then made our way over to the Stake Center-with time to spare, we are just THAT good hehe.
 I must admit I think I like the boys making the desserts and us girls being the ones to bid-it is really nerve wracking watching those boys walk up and down the tables staring at your dessert (mind you its anonymous so only you know they are looking at yours!) and placing their tickets into the bags. So during this time we went for a bathroom escape and chilled in there for a bit as we took some photos (yes me and my camera always taking photos lol) Then we got called in and had to line up....it was horrible ;)
They started off with announcing they were going to call the winners of the prizes first. Well Bro Knowles calls out that the Grand Prize winner is #27....it took me a second to realize that was MY number. My oreo surprise had won over the hearts of the boys...the mystery got to them I'd say lol. My theory: Every man is a little boy inside. Every little boy loves pudding. Pudding will always win lol!

After being awarded our prizes we got raffled off to our tables. Lucky #14 was my table this year :)  I got to enjoy and amazing pasta bar for dinner with Jason, Dean, and Scott as the boys and the lovely Lisa and Anna with their red velvet and chocolate peanut butter reeses cakes :) Both super delicious may I say. Very worth every pound I gained from that lol!

Then we knocked off the table cloths, put the chairs up and the tables away and cleared the dance floor! Allen our DJ cranked up the tunes and we had a blast dancing the night away! I love dances...especially ones when the boys actually stay on the dance floor (definitely a change from my stake dances as a youth lol) Anthony was an epic dance partner, we made an awesome pair showing off our dancing skills! Thanks Anthony you are awesome! :)

Tonight was super sweet (pun SO intended lol) Until next year... :)

No comments: