Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nathaniel Russell Schott's farewell



July 11, 2010

Today was Nate's farewell...it started off like the usual talking at church. His younger siblings and cousins sang "I hope they call me on a mission" after his father and Grandpa Schott talked and then Nate gave a small talk contrary to what he had prepared but it was still good nonetheless. Then for the closing song all the boys who have attended Camp Helaman sang "The Army of Helaman" and asked the congregation to join in on the last verse. Afterwards the family all went back to the Schott's household to have lunch and get ready for his open house. The open house was from 2-4 and all of his friends and family stopped by and came to wish him the best. Around 5:30 we all left to head to the Stake Center where Nate became an official missionary. After that I said goodbye-for two years....it was really weird to fall asleep that night knowing I won't physically see him til July of 2012...but he has been called to the San Antonio Texas Mission (spanish speaking) and I know he is going to have a blast not only in the MTC but also in his mission area. I wish him the best of luck and I know that he is going to be an awesome missionary- he is such a great individual and is so focused on serving the Lord, I have no doubt he will be fantastic!


No comments: