Friday, March 12, 2010

NAV 101

so this week i was called down by Mrs. Huggler (counselor at WHS) and was asked to go to the Navigation 101 conference being held at the Hotel Murano...(fancy shmancy hotel) and go and present to teachers and staff all over the state who are trying to get the program in their schools. I was asked to speak on behalf of the portfolio and how using Navigation 101 has assisted me in my preparation for my senior presentation coming up i found out march 23!!!! can you believe it?!?!? i sure CANT!!!



wow so first off before i go off and rant about my portfolio presentation let me tell you how this conference went...



so FIRST off...we were supposed to dress up so i had to wake up at my regular time but today i had to actually get up and get dressed up fancy, not my usual t-shirt and jeans....( i have realized that i do have a "high school style"...one of my teachers said once that in high school all he ever wore was jeans and a hoodie...and i was like nah i dress up usually once or twice a week...haha not my senior year, its all about t-shirts and jeans...and a hoodie or sweatshirt!) kinda funny to look back and see that ...BUT anyways i wore slacks (ya i own those....haha) and a polo and i curled my hair and put make up...like real makeup...so i looked like a girl...who would of thought that it was possible?!?!? lol



alrighty so we got downtown to the hotel and walked in and BAM there it was...breakfast catered for us...can you say YUMMY??? cuz i SURE can...so first off they egg and ham breakfast sandwiches..AMAZING and then they had...drum roll please....CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS!!!

these things were like melt in your mouth delicious...hehe



well i got up and had to speak in front of about 200 (give or take) people...kinda nerve wrecking ya i was shaking but got past that...and if ya know me i got really emotional during my speech and started crying and i even made some of my teachers and some of the other people there cry...SCORE! just kidding ya it was good....



Overall great experience and i enjoyed it and felt very honored to be asked to go there and present...



so my portfolio is coming up and ya i am SUPER nervous...ya besides figuring out what i want or should be wearing lol (totally turning into a GIRL) i am freaking out over what i should be saying and all....i am going for distinguished which would mean i have the chance to go for the 1000 dollar scholarship so that adds a lot of pressure....

i'll write back next week and reveal how i did!

No comments: