Saturday, May 26, 2012

Portland adventure! 5.26.2012

Mom and I decided to take an adventure to Portland, Oregon for the beginning of our memorial day weekend :D We woke up, headed out and grabbed some Jack in the Box breakfast jacks-so good! Then hit the open road... :D two hours of road, jamming to music, and some much needed girl talk we made it to the BEA-U-TIFUL Portland Oregon Temple! I've never been so I was super excited! We felt a bit out of place wearing our jeans and flip flops (reminder to pack a skirt next time!) but it did create some funny moments when people thought we were investigators, we got an awesome tour of the visiting center there-it is WAY high tech...they have a machine where the Book of Mormon is read to you in whatever language of book you choose. Ya scared me to death when I opened it up and a voice came from no where and started talking to me in Cambodian lol!

Then we walked around the temple grounds-saw 6 different wedding parties so of course we had to check them out a bit lol! Then we took some photos of our own! That temple is gorgeous :)

After we went to Chipotle-my mom was a nubbie!!! So I introduced her to their amazing burrito! Then we hit up the Portland mall-time to shop...TAX FREE baby!!! oh ya we went wild! ;)
This mall is huge-they have an ice skating rink right in the MIDDLE of the mall...now how cool is that lol!!!!

I loved this little adventure :) Great way to kick off our memorial day weekend! I love you mommie-thanks for a great time!

No comments: